When: Saturday, October 14th at 10:30 am
Bring your best and most delicious baked goods! This is an opportunity to show off your baking skills and try your neighbor’s treats. As always, the point is to have fun but we welcome some friendly competition!
Sponsored by Califia Farms
Califia Farms will provide a variety of drinks including cold brew coffees and their specialty almond milk blends!
Regulation 4 Annual Fire Life Safety Testing
Dear Barker Block Residents:
The City of Los Angeles Fire Department requires mandatory fire alarm testing of the fire/life safety equipment in the building annually. Red Hawk Fire & Security will be conducting the testing this year. In addition to the common areas of the building, it is mandatory that all individual units’ fire alarms located inside each unit are inspected. For this, access to your unit is crucial. We are requesting access to your unit for this project on:
TESTING SCHEDULE: WEDNESDAY, MAY 10, 2017 (Hewitt)
THURSDAY, MAY 11, 2017 (Molino)
If you are not able to be present during the testing, we ask that you please leave a key with the front desk security or management. Please place the key in an envelope with your unit number on the outside of the envelope and submit it with the Permission to Enter Form which you may request from Management. The Building Engineer and Management will be assisting Red Hawk Fire with providing access to all units.
We recommend that pet owners make arrangements for their pets as the alarms will sound intermittently throughout the testing on Wednesday, May 10 and Thursday, May 11.
Both Hewitt and Molino emergency power systems will be tested on Wednesday, May 10 and will affect residential units for 90 minutes. This power shutdown is scheduled to begin at 6:00 a.m. Please turn off any electronic devices during this time to avoid service interruptions.
Hewitt elevators are scheduled to be tested on May 10 and Molino elevators are scheduled for May 11. They will not be in service when they are being tested and will be tested one at a time.
We realize that this testing may be inconvenient. However, it is mandated by the City of Los Angeles Fire Department and must be completed. We therefore request that you plan for this testing and schedule meetings, conference calls, special events, etc. accordingly.
Please be advised, if any units are not tested during this scheduled date then an additional cost to the Association may occur and the Association may, in turn, pass that additional cost onto the Owner.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Management at 213-473-0079. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation, patience and understanding.
Barker Block Management
By now all owners have received their ballot for the Annual Meeting of the Members which is scheduled to be held on February 23rd at 7:00 p.m. in the Barker Block Breezeway. In order to hold the Annual Meeting and reach quorum, we are required to have 156 out of 310 ballots or proxies returned. We are asking each owner to please take the time to read through the ballot mailer, complete the ballot and return it inside the envelopes provided as soon as possible. If you have misplaced your ballot please let us know and we will send you another ballot packet. Please feel free to call me or Manager Assistant Lawanda at 213-473-0079 with any questions you may have regarding the voting process. Your vote counts!
- Please do not hold any of the entry doors open for anyone
- Please do not buzz anyone into the building that you are not expecting
- Lock your front doors and patio doors at all times
- Lock your vehicle doors at all times and do not leave any valuables inside
- Pick up your packages the same day and do not leave them outside your door overnight
- If you are planning to leave town, we recommend that you not order any packages that will be delivered to your home while you are away
- If you happen to be away during a delivery, reschedule the delivery date for a later date or place the package on hold
- Have your packages delivered to your work address
- Stay vigilant and report suspicious activity or illegal activity to our front desk security at 213-713-2353
If you park your vehicle in the Molino parking garage, which is managed by Towne Park, then you received an email from them on Wednesday regarding the new garage entry system they are installing next Wednesday. They will be issuing new parking cards for their new parking entry system. It is important that you pick-up your new parking card(s) before Wednesday, October 5th as your current parking card for the Molino parking garage will no longer work after the aforementioned date.
Towne Park has informed us that they will have someone on site next to the garage entry in the parking garage during the following days and times:
- TODAY until 6:00 pm.
- Saturday October 1st, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
- Monday October 3rd, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Tuesday October 4th, from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
They are requesting that you provide your account number, space number and/or to see your photo ID.
If you have any questions regarding this specific project, please do not hesitate to contact Towne Park at:
Jose Moraes, firstname.lastname@example.org, 310-804-6906 or
Romo Anaya, email@example.com, 818-402-1602
**If you park in the Hewitt parking garage, this message does not apply to you.
JOIN THE FUN!!
BARKER BLOCK MOVIE & GIANT GAME NIGHT
Date: Friday, July 29
Time: 7pm – 10pm
- Play giant games from 7pm to 8pm
- Movie starts at 8pm
The movie selection is TBD, but the social committee is taking suggestions on the Social Committee Events group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/BBSocialEvents/ Please feel free to chime in!
Movie & Giant Game Night is fully sponsored by Joymode. They are going to supply the screen, projector, sound, popcorn, as well as some chairs and blankets and the giant games.
What to bring:
- The chairs and blankets provided by Joymode will be first come/first served, so unless you’re going to get there on the early side, plan to bring your own. You are at home, so get comfy with pillows too! Chairs should sit low to the ground as to not block the view of others.
- Snacks and beverages – popcorn will be provided, but if you would like other snacks and drinks, you will need to bring them. Non-glass containers are recommended.
The Giant Games include Jenga and Connect Four – challenge your neighbors!
A note from our sponsor . . .
Joymode brings amazing experiences to your door, and we pick everything up after the fun.
- Planning a beach day this weekend?
- Want to go camping this summer?
- Don’t have the gear for these experiences? No problem. Joymode has everything you need to do more with friends and family, while owning less.
Barker Block Special: $49 for your first year of membership, and get a free experience!
Use code: BARKERBLOCK
joymode.com or the iPhone app